We’re proud to announce that Ryan Mullins’ feature length documentary Chameleon, about Ghanaian investigative journalistÂ Anas Aremeyaw Anas, has been selected to premiere at the 2014Â International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam! Join us at one of the six screenings next week, listed below.
A janitor mopping floors in a brothel. A drugged out Rastafarian in a psychiatric ward. A wealthy investor in high heels and lipstick. These are just a few of the disguises that Anas Aremeyaw Anas has used to infiltrate Africa’s criminal underworld. But Ghanaâ€™s most notorious journalist is more than just a reporter. Heâ€™s a crime fighter who uses his journalistic skills to bust corruption; a modern day folk hero who keeps his identity hidden from the public. Anas reveals a side of Africa rarely seen: tabloid journalism, high-tech surveillance and high-speed car chases. Filmmaker Ryan Mullins goes beyond the pulp thriller to create a complex and revealing portrait. Is Anas a journalist, or a vigilante? Just how far is he willing to go to uncover the truth? CHAMELEON takes us deep into the most difficult case Anas has faced to date, and the legal and moral conflicts challenging him.
IDFA 2014 International Premiere – Screening Times
- Saturday November 22, 2014 – 5:45 pm. CinemaÂ Munt 13. *Industry screening*
- Sunday November 23, 2014 – 7:30 pm. Cinema Munt 09
- Monday November 24, 2014 – 5 pm. CinemaÂ Tuschinski 1
- Wednesday November 26, 2014 – 10:15 pm. Cinama Munt 10
- Thursday November 27, 2014 – 1:15 pm. EYE Cinema 1
- Friday November 28, 2014 – 2:45 pm. CinemaÂ Tuschinski 5
To purchaseÂ tickets for all public screeningsÂ click here.